Display date (DD/MM/YYYY) 18/04/2012
- Market Segments
- Product Categories
Raw Material and Ingredients
Laboratory and Product Services
ALBANY, N.Y., April 18, 2012 — Momentive Performance Materials Inc., a leading global provider of silicones and advanced materials, today announced the launch of seven new additives that can help formulators improve the performance of personal care products while addressing consumer trends. Developed for hair care, sun care, skin care and color cosmetics applications, these products were introduced at In-Cosmetics 2012 in Barcelona, Spain, April 17-19.
Momentive is expanding its comprehensive portfolio of specialty silicones for personal care products with the following new products featured at the In-Cosmetics show:
Three new ingredients not only offer greatly improved hair conditioning effectiveness, but are also manufactured without the use of parabens and are easy to use in formulations.
• Silsoft* AX-E conditioning agent – can promote excellent thermal and color protection in hair products, as well as smoothness and shine without greasiness.
• Silsoft Q PF cationic silicone terpolymer – can help enhance volume and body while providing outstanding softness to the hair.
• SME253 PF amine functional silicone microemulsion – can help hair care products deliver excellent conditioning in addition to color protection.
Sun Care, Skin Care and Color Cosmetics
Two new formulator-friendly emulsifiers for skin care and color cosmetics applications offer high silicone actives, among other sought-after benefits.
• SilForm* 60-A emulsifier – can act as a highly stabilizing water-in-oil emulsifier for a broad spectrum of oils. Through a significantly higher concentration of polyether silicone copolymer than standard products of this type, this emulsifier can achieve high levels of actives in a gentler carrier, while improving wash-off resistance and remaining aesthetically pleasing.
• SilForm EOF emulsion – is manufactured without the use of ethylene oxide (EO) and propylene oxide (PO). Formulators can use this EO-free, water-in-oil (W/O) emulsifier at low usage levels to form stable emulsions with many cosmetic oils.
Two new additions to Momentive’s range of film formers leverage the company’s leadership in silicone resin technology to enhance the SPF effectiveness of sunscreens while improving durability. The new additives also offer improved performance of sun care, skin care and color cosmetics products along with additional desired consumer benefits.
• SilForm FR-10/SilForm FR-5 fluids – can be used to help form a highly flexible film on the surface of the skin for typically longer lasting comfort, greater water and oil resistance and extended durability in sun care, skin care and color cosmetics formulations.
For more information about Momentive’s solutions for the personal care industry, please call 800.295.2392 in North America (+1 614 986 2495 everywhere else), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.momentive.com.
About Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones and advanced materials, with a 70+ year heritage of being first to market with performance applications for major industries that support and improve everyday life. The company delivers science-based solutions, by linking custom technology platforms to opportunities for customers. Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC. Additional information is available at www.momentive.com.
Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC is the ultimate parent company of Momentive Performance Materials Inc. and Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. (collectively, “Momentive”). Momentive is a global leader in specialty chemicals and materials, with a broad range of advanced specialty products that help industrial and consumer companies support and improve everyday life. The company uses its technology portfolio to deliver tailored solutions to meet the diverse needs of its customers around the world. Momentive was formed in October 2010 through the combination of entities that indirectly owned Momentive Performance Materials Inc. and Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc. The capital structures and legal entity structures of both Momentive Performance Materials Inc. and Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. (formerly known as Hexion Specialty Chemicals, Inc.), and their respective subsidiaries and direct parent companies, remain separate. Momentive Performance Materials Inc. and Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. file separate financial and other reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Momentive is controlled by investment funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, LLC. Additional information about Momentive and its products is available at www.momentive.com.